Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Costochondritis- Sitting and Pain



Okay, to the Costo veterans, this is nothing new to you. But to those just diagnosed: Please be aware that sitting for long periods of time increases the pain. So get up and walk around as often as you can, stretching out your rib cage. The pain can increase steadily or all of a sudden while sitting at a desk , driving, or sitting at your computer. Also, keep that posture up! I know it's natural to want to hunch over, but resist that and open up your ribs! You don't want to constrict your chest mucles!

8 comments:

  1. This makes so much sense!!!!
    I think I've have costo for like 5 year, and totally gave up on looking for answers about a year ago. I just started college, and I find myself sitting at my desk for hours and costo gets worse. So bad that sometimes it causes me to get distracted from my studies and do research online about costo. I today stumbled on this website. Something to give me a glimmer of hope. Finally a group of people that dont think I'm making pain up!!! THANK YOU so much for creating this site! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you poor thing! 5 years! I'm so glad you found this site as well. That really warms my heart to know that this little blog helped you in some way. You hang in there!!

    I have my computer up on a really high desk and on an box to that I have stand when working. lol.

    Hugs,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone have this and there lower ribs sink in but the last rib connected to the sternum stays in place and shows significantly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been going on for years now . . Each year is worse than the next. . My job is at a desk where I work for 9 hours. I try & get up & stretch but it’s nkt working. . I literally keep a frozen water bottle at my desk where I put in my shirt to help ease the pain. . I had gallbladder surgery & hiatal hernia surgery in 2016 four months apart & I have a bent spine & calcium deposits in my sternum as well. . I cry at work several times a day . . My chiropractor says I have the perfect storm . . I really want this to end as it’s wrec my life ��

    ReplyDelete