Monday, October 26, 2009

Costochondritis- Skilled Relaxation Update


Alright folks...I'm on day 9 of doing skilled relaxation exercises 2 times a day laying on my back. (Sometimes I use THIS CD in I talked about in a previous post- other times I do relaxation exercises to a yoga CD). I totally recommend it. I'm doing SR once in the morning at once at night for 20 minutes each time. It's not always convenient...but DEFINITELY worth putting into your routine. Try it for 2 weeks and see if you notice a difference. I have and I'm optimistic about it. I originally threw this idea out the window...but thought I'd give it a shot and I'm very pleased with it.

This combined with:

  • sleeping on the back (I had to stop lifting ANYTHING for months before I was able to sleep on my back....just an FYI)
  • fish oil
  • Ice 2X a day
  • sauna
  • Medial Massage Therapy 2X a week
  • walking daily
  • Joggin for 2 minutes only 2-3 days a week
  • not lifting anything
  • being very anti-social
  • not talking much
  • light stretching
  • no caffeine
  • Keep a calender of pain scale and daily activities
  • NO HUGGING PEOPLE!!

  • ...These are all good things that have brought my pain down a notch this week. Good stuff. I'll stay with it and keep you posted. I'm hoping I've turned a corner....a very slow painful corner. lol. But I think if anything has brought the pain down a notch, it's important to share asap. =) Stay tuned for the costo exercises I do daily.....coming sooooooon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment