Here's a picture drawn by Lynn Armede DeBeal. Thanks for sharing your drawing with me, Lynn! You captured it perfectly.
Alright folks- so I've thrown out a TON of things for everyone to try. I'm going to update you on what my crazy/hurting/sometimes hopeful/sometimes just ticked off self is currently doing:
- The sauna 3 days a week- this is helping with the pain- sweat is good stuff
- Walking 6 days a week
- Jogging 3 days a week for 30 minutes- I JUST started this. Ouch. It hurts. But I feel more opened up in the rib cage after I do so. Gotta tape up the girls though.
- No talking- Yup- keeping the trap closed. It hurts to talk, so I don't do that often. Not irritating the injury while willing it to heal is a good thing. I don't even talk on the phone anymore- I'm a texting machine.
- Serrapeptesse at night- I take 2 pills a day. Does it help? Beats me. But a natural pill that eats inflammation Sounds good, though.
- Fish Oil and Yarrow
- Taking all vitamins, minerals, calcium, and Aciai berry daily. Gotta keep the rest of the body well.
- Starting Yoga on my own today. Only poses that don't hurt the rib cage...I've tried it many times and it hurt like crap. But today I'm trying only poses that are pain free and will post them soon.
- Light Stretching
- Praying for healing and daily strength/along with journaling and bible reading
- Medical Massage Therapy 2X a week
- Skilled Relaxation 2X a week- very good stuff- helps with the pain.
- Rest 2-3 hours a day at a 45 degree angle so I won't further irritate the ribs.
- Ice daily
- Keep a calender of everything I do and my pain on a scale of 1-10