These are a few physicians that I personally found helpful. Let me know what type of physician helped you!
- General practitioner- I saw over 15 before I found one that understood the condition.
- Rheumatologist - My Rheumy helped rule out any auto-immune problems.
- Internist - My internist ordered several MRI's and chest X-Rays' and helped rule out skeletal problems.
- Cardiologist- This doctor ruled out any heart issues and helped put my mind at ease....before he told me the pain must be in my head. Meanie. =)
- Physiatrist- This is a pain management doctor who diagnosed me
He mostly does pain management- shots etc. Those did not help me at all. However, he's an expert in diagnosing the condition.
I was told by my first couple of doctors that the pain was in my head and I needed to deal with it...it was crushing...but I refused to listen to them. It took me 2 years and over 75 doctors to be diagnosed. No joke. I was finally diagnosed by Dr. Stonecipher who deals with Costochondritis on a daily bases. After the diagnosis, I was in a lot of pain, but not terrified anymore. So know in your heart that although this pain can become absolutely unbearable and I know it is...you are safe...the pain may kill ya, but the condition won't. =)